Give me blood
'Give me blood, I will give you freedom'
The great son and patriot gave invitation with slogan
I shall take you to the shore of liberty
You deserve it by right and not by charity
Was it vision, love for country or pure wisdom?
These words can be heard seldom
Have we not bartered our freedom to few members?
Hardly few may find place now to remember
Country has become house hold of few
They have little time spare or no time or view
It is forced dynastic rule with no future for people
Praise the dynasty, have blessings and rule
Whom do we blame for such down fall?
The self rule for people without dashing against wall
Was it calculated move to pass on the helm of affairs?
Still to term it as great struggle and very fair
Country passing in turmoil and hungry foxes cry foul
Not responding to conscience and searching soul
Who else can rise from the grave and lead us to dreamland
Where our forefathers promised us a free land
Why did they all sacrifice life for nothing?
Was it the only aim to gain something?
They may be watching helplessly from heaven
In which way our heroic struggle has been proven?
Why all tall promises are made everyday?
The poor have nothing to fill in belly for a day
Life has become cheap and no means to lead a way
What are they all talking of subway, highway or motor way?
We shall be true republic and in every sense secular
We shall have not only peace and security in particular
But will power to quench the thrust of millions of hungry
All these only after firing at restless mob turning angry
We have nothing to offer poor a shelter
We have no planning to see welfare and cater
We can swallow not in millions but only in billions
One corrupt player watches another to enter on stage from pavilion
The freedom has become joke and an instrument
To establish rule of scoundrels with money and muscle movement
Where from all these countless money are poured in
What is there to rejoice on any republic day for win?
Let us not shed any tears or feel sad for departed souls?
They were not scammers, statute politicians but idiots and fools?
Why no father advised them what will be fate of their freedom struggle?
The country will be turned in wrestling ground and free for grab in jungles
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give me blood by hasmukh amathalal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil Ocean
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies