God Makes Changes
The very God, who never changes, orchestrates change in all things.
The entire world He rearranges, through the changes that He brings.
Even countries go through changes, as The Lord sets up new kings,
Especially those that He engages, bringing power through His wings.
God changes earth day and night, all the changes that we can see,
As He puts the sun out of sight, the day becomes very dark indeed.
Then the morning brings the light, and again its day for you and me.
Although this may seem very trite, God ordains all that we can see.
God makes changes all about us, from His Heavenly Throne on high.
He can change the earth to dust, as He chooses to close up the sky.
Gentle winds become strong gusts, as the earth becomes bone dry.
And in The Lord we place our trust, for at His will men live and die.
God changes men deep inside, the changes that do affect your life.
When in Christ you do abide, He helps you through changing strife.
By God you’ll never be denied, when you do come to Jesus Christ.
And He’ll change you for all time, when He grants you Eternal Life.
He will change your heart and mind, as He molds you like His Son,
Friend, with His Spirit you will align, as your minds become as one.
Your old nature you’ll leave behind, when evil sin you begin to shun.
For it is truly God’s original design, that all men reflect His Only Son.
Friend, God changes men forever, as He prepares them for Eternity.
The very God who changes never, changes hearts so men can see.
Even if you think you’re clever, friend you will never escape Eternity.
If His love you choose to sever, then Eternal Fire is what you’ll see.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Makes Changes by Bob Gotti )
- Losing you, Ronnie Rox
- Autumn Parade, Joseph T. Renaldi
- SUCCESS IS LIKE LIGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- The Final Feast, Smoky Hoss
- First Day Of School, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Return, Smoky Hoss
- A poem for a poem, Nikola Pajtic
- Candlelight, Matt Mooney
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mark R Slaughter
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow