God’s At Work
Be still, be quiet and you shall see, the hand of The God of Eternity.
Just be still and know He is God, shepherding all with staff and rod.
He’s at work throughout your life; He’s the comfort in pain and strife.
And when a problem won’t relent, God is there with encouragement.
He’s at work in the darkest night; for God is for you that guiding light.
He guides you with a loving nod, protecting you on this earthly sod.
God’s at work in all of His own, as He guides us to an eternal home.
Even if you do not see God’s hand, simply be still then understand,
God doesn’t move like you or me, He moves throughout all eternity.
Starting before the beginning friend, and His presence will not end.
He doesn’t work on earthly time; God’s timely measures are Divine.
God’s been working in lives of men, since that pair was condemned.
God has been working to rectify, the problem created by Satan’s lie.
Friend it isn’t that God is slow, He’s just patient so that all can know,
The problem by Satan was rectified, on the cross, when Jesus died.
Now He’s at work in believers friend, helping others to comprehend,
The saving Truth of Jesus Christ, so that they can gain Eternal Life.
With a new life in Christ you’ll see, how He’s at work in you and me.
Let Christ Jesus in your heart, and a new work in you God will start.
God’s work will be done in ways, to fill your heart with eternal praise.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God’s At Work by Bob Gotti )
- Lost Melody, Patrick Ladbrooke
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)