A Disciple of Christ
When you cleave onto God’s Word, the Truth of God that you heard,
And choose to follow Jesus Christ, allowing God’s Word into your life,
You then become a disciple of, The Lord and Savior and God above.
Only in Christ, are men truly free, with a freedom that spans Eternity.
It is a freedom which begins inside, when in Jesus Christ you abide.
In God’s Word is revealed proof, that Jesus Christ is the Living Truth.
Knowing this Truth sets men free; that is sinful men like you and me,
From the bondage we’re now in, the hidden bondage that we call sin.
As this Truth you’ve come to know, within your heart begins to grow,
You dear friend indeed will find, frees both your heart and your mind.
You will know just why Christ came, and endured the cross of shame,
With The Truth you can reason why, our Lord Jesus Christ had to die.
Friend, every heart that Christ frees, The Lord above fills with peace,
And His Truth supplies the Light, to lead you out of the darkest night.
Because this Truth is The Light, it’s the only way that’s eternally right.
The Way, the Truth and Life is but one, Jesus Christ, God’s Only Son.
This Truth my friend is Jesus Christ, Truth which leads to Eternal Life.
That is why only Christ can say; He is The Truth, The Light and Way.
Today embrace The Word of God; Truth will guide the path you trod,
Make His Word a part of your life, and you will be a disciple of Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Disciple of Christ by Bob Gotti )
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)