Hazy white like a bride’s veil
clouds hang against the icy-blue sky
and emerald green the willow tree stands out
Between the green mass of leaves
a dove coos and a cuckoo calls for its mate
while everywhere butterflies and dragonflies fly around.
On the mirror of the water the sun and clouds reflect
and on the creasing wild geese
and plovers swim around.
On the big leaves of the lilies frogs sit and wait,
everywhere bright yellow flowers abounds in the grassy veldt,
between the cliffs rock rabbits sneak around
and at dusk the leopard comes to have a drink.
The rocky cliffs look as if they are bleeding colour
in yellow, orange and red,
life is abundant while the veldt overflows
and when the wind rustles through the grass,
a weaver’s nest rocks rhythmically.
Aromatic fragrances of flowers
and grass mix in the nose,
low over the water a fish-eagle calls
and as a mere human being I am astounded
while I watch God’s handiwork.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God’s Handiwork by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Nuakhai, gajanan mishra
- First crop, gajanan mishra
- You seek, hasmukh amathalal
- The Baddest Bitch In America, Electric Lady
- All gimmick, gajanan mishra
- Alcoholism, Bijay Kant Dubey
- He Takes To Not Wine, But Wine Keeps Him.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Cigarette Smoker's World, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Solace, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- The Battles I Win, Cynthia BuhainBaello