God's Vision of US
Show me bad and I'll show you
a drop of goodness hiding.
Show my rotten and I'll
show you strong character.
Show me sorrow and I'll
paint for you a better tomorrow.
Show me cold and I'll enlighten a path to warmth.
Show me anger and I'll show you passion in there
and perhaps a redirection.
Show me too fat and I'll show you amazing curves and power.
Show me loud and I'll show you proud.
Show me blood and I'll show you life.
Show me bitter and I'll show you victim-hood non-serving,
followed by freedom then happiness.
Show me disaster and I'll show you opportunity.
Show me broken and I'll see repaired
Show me your life's verse, I'll not be too terse.
Show me and I'll reflect God's vision of thee!
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God's Vision of US by Mr. Nobody )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Sleigh Ride, Peter E. Evans
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou