Phone call did come in,
I felt a shiver I knew was grim.
For it was my Uncle saying to my Dad,
Grandma & Grandpa died which was sad.
Later that night,
I went into a dream filled with fright.
I dreamed of my sister upstairs,
scary it made my arm hairs glare.
My hairs stood up straight,
which I did anticipate.
was about to happen soon,
an image of people
floated into my sister's room.
Then sister screamed
and I did jump with a boom.
Running upstairs with blankets to my side,
I ran to my sister in the nic of time.
She told me what she had just seen,
The ghost of Grandparents
saying goodbye she did glean.
This was my grandparents saying there last goodbye,
dreamed of them years later telling them
'I know you guys never died.'
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOODBYE DREAM by Suzanna Chevalier )
- DR.JOSE RIZAL the Hero and the great Mal.., Antonio Liao
- ಧೂಮ್ರಪಾನ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)