Goodbye To My Friend
(a tribute to Wanda Britt)
(How do you say goodbye to someone
who was part of your soul?)
To me you were more than a friend,
you were my sister,
born separate as two
but in many ways and things
we were similar.
Through our broken lives
we did meet each other
but in brokenness
we did find the Lord.
Sometimes you did overwhelm me
with your personality,
your sheer spontaneity.
We shared more than our closet,
we did literally walk millions of miles
in each other’s shoes.
Like sisters we sometimes did fight
and never had to say that we are sorry,
we knew that the other one was.
You did never give up on me,
even when I gave up on God.
When my life tumbled down
it was your hands and your heart
and your prayers
that did lie me down
at the feet of Jesus.
We have been friends for years
and did carry burdens
like sacks of salt
but we did know
that God in His wisdom
will always melt it away.
I will always treasure your memories,
your beautiful soul,
the things that you did say and do
and I will miss you the most on Facebook
and the words of wisdom and comfort
that you did say.
Like me you always had your game-face on
and God was the only one
who did really know you.
The angels had carried your tears
and your prayers up to Him.
Wanda, remember our promise
to meet at the feet of Jesus
when the circle of life is completed
on the day when He comes.
but until then do rest in peace.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Goodbye To My Friend by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Painting Tomorrow, Cathy Hodgson
- Silence of the Snow, Arrianna Prentiss
- Don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)