Governor Brown’s 20% ….. [Drought/Water Conservation; California; Personal; Humor; VERY SHORT]
California’s governor, in the third winter of this state’s drought,
has asked citizens to 1/5 of “your water use cut out.”
I’d already cut down my use of water from …..”not much” to “less”.
I’d urged my wife to do the same, which upset her, ….. I do confess.
Oh, she’d done some cutting back, but recently she did backslide.
If I told her again to not water her plants, she surely would have cried!
NOW, in daylight, I sometimes quietly pee behind an outdoor bush,
and, after dark, through the railing of our deck, my little pee-thing I do push.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
so some will say to governor brown 'why shouldn't i have a bath every night and wash the car every week? at least WE don't fill a big swimming pool like our neighbors do! ' : ( bri
Comments about this poem (Governor Brown’s 20% ….. [Drought/Water Conservation; California; Personal; Humor; VERY SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
- Picture Puzzle, Heather Burns
- Is a woman free really?, gajanan mishra
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)