Governor Brown’s 20% ….. [Drought/Water Conservation; California; Personal; Humor; VERY SHORT]
California’s governor, in the third winter of this state’s drought,
has asked citizens to 1/5 of “your water use cut out.”
I’d already cut down my use of water from …..”not much” to “less”.
I’d urged my wife to do the same, which upset her, ….. I do confess.
Oh, she’d done some cutting back, but recently she did backslide.
If I told her again to not water her plants, she surely would have cried!
NOW, in daylight, I sometimes quietly pee behind an outdoor bush,
and, after dark, through the railing of our deck, my little pee-thing I do push.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
so some will say to governor brown 'why shouldn't i have a bath every night and wash the car every week? at least WE don't fill a big swimming pool like our neighbors do! ' : ( bri
Comments about this poem (Governor Brown’s 20% ….. [Drought/Water Conservation; California; Personal; Humor; VERY SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro