Grant Me a Smile
Unable to see you for just one day
Suffices to lade my heart with sorrow.
I had lived a rubbish life for many years,
Until one day: much grief for the morrow.
You came into my existence as a gale
For far-off melancholy to surge.
I had already forgotten my karma;
You had the heart me to fancy you to urge!
Which dreamers don't later wake up?
I have felt anguish from now on rise high.
You arrived then you left, I knew it; but
Why I got infatuated with this fleeting tie!
I will content myself with life's vision
Although in a twinkling I consent to.
You break off, I will go into eternity;
A short moment is enough to love you.
Let me come to see you this evening!
And please grant me a smile, however!
I will embrace into my sleep my dearest
Whom I will still cherish forever...
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grant Me a Smile by Nhuan LeXuan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam