Nhuan LeXuan Poems
- Under The Purple Flowers In the purple flowers’ shade You ...
- The Right To Vote I hold my ballot in my shaking hand And ...
- Filial Piety “Parents’ merits like the sky and the sea always...
- Grant Me A Smile Unable to see you for just one day Suffices...
- My Life For My Mom's Laughter Picking up the handset I was ...
- In Memory Of My Father Reverently dedicated to my dear Dad’s ...
- Nostalgic Autumn Although we are away from each other, You,...
Thanh-Thanh is the pen-name of Nhuan Xuan Le, leader of the 'Xay-Dung' literary group and publishing house that was recognized as one of the main branches of the Vietnam Cultural Tree diagram exhibited at the unique pre-1975 National Cultural Festival in Saigon, capital of the former Republic of Vietnam.
After his resettlement in the States in 1992, Thanh-Thanh began to write in and translate into English his own and his fellow-poets' work.
His poems were featured in some 30 anthologies of English poetry published in the USA and UK.
He is a member of PEN International (Center USA) . more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nhuan LeXuan
Under The Purple Flowers
In the purple flowers’ shade
You kissed me the first kiss.
The moon lit its light of jade;
The cicadas sang their song of bliss.
Then, time passed fast and blind;
You went to your studies above
Leaving the purple flowers behind
With such a dreamlike love.
In each letter sent to the old place
You said you still missed this start
With the purple flowers of grace
And this young and true heart.
I have come back each day alone
To see the old flowers obsess
And hear the cicadas groan;
I feel such a vague distress.
I have nurtured ...