John G. Nelson
Grant Me Less to Grieve
Oh life, grants me less to grieve,
that I may find pleasure & love
but, I utter not so soon of dying.
rather some comforts to groans.
Oh heaven, ease your blazing heats
& give crumps of comfort, I may eat.
To fatten bones and brighten smiles,
& escape my wounds & distresses.
Oh love, do refresh & comfort me,
And Soften your hands and lips,
And Show me your kindness of faith
To live in harmony with my fears.
John Nelson 3/30/2007
John G. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grant Me Less to Grieve by John G. Nelson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...