Once again a years past by,
I’m so fragile yet I haven’t died.
Death has smiled upon my face,
Allowed me to breath and given me space.
Once again a year I’ve borrowed,
He could take me without feeling sorrow.
With no emotion,
Fear or joy,
He takes the life of a girl or boy.
I am a man and yet I’m still alive.
I don’t hate,
Fear and I don’t despise,
His methods and ways he mysteriously works.
He’s allowed me,
To live since my mother gave birth.
With fluent grace he controls us all,
And eventually your name he will call.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grateful by James Grayson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak