Once again a years past by,
I’m so fragile yet I haven’t died.
Death has smiled upon my face,
Allowed me to breath and given me space.
Once again a year I’ve borrowed,
He could take me without feeling sorrow.
With no emotion,
Fear or joy,
He takes the life of a girl or boy.
I am a man and yet I’m still alive.
I don’t hate,
Fear and I don’t despise,
His methods and ways he mysteriously works.
He’s allowed me,
To live since my mother gave birth.
With fluent grace he controls us all,
And eventually your name he will call.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grateful by James Grayson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bloodlust, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Persians at Salamis, Stephen Brian Brady
- My Daughter, My Daughter, I Know It They.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On A Kiss, Sambanath Denis
- Mechanical Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life on the edge, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Miracle in a Poem, Sandra Feldman
- Angels Come, Sambanath Denis
- love for jezebel, ademola oluwabusayo
- Process Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak