There was a graveyard by my house,
I saw a ghost while sleeping on the couch.
See I had just sprained my ankle,
and was upstairs,
I slept in the basement,
usually but my muscles I did tear.
So one night I woke up to see
what was hovering close to me.
A figure was at the foot of my bed,
it was a figure that I would soon dread,
Ghost whose body was long since dead.
I told him telepathically,
to get away and please do leave.
He put on the sweater that was at my feet,
I felt better and went back to sleep.
Now one month later I did see,
another figure outside by the tree.
He was waiting at the corner for a bus,
I thought was a human I did trust.
When I drove up to the corner
he had disappeared,
The bus was still coming,
it still wasn’t near.
Another ghost comes to see if I’m o.k,
that’s what my friend did say.
No harm from the ghosts across the street,
they keep to themselves unless you
were in pain like me.
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Graveyard Ghost by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi