There was a graveyard by my house,
I saw a ghost while sleeping on the couch.
See I had just sprained my ankle,
and was upstairs,
I slept in the basement,
usually but my muscles I did tear.
So one night I woke up to see
what was hovering close to me.
A figure was at the foot of my bed,
it was a figure that I would soon dread,
Ghost whose body was long since dead.
I told him telepathically,
to get away and please do leave.
He put on the sweater that was at my feet,
I felt better and went back to sleep.
Now one month later I did see,
another figure outside by the tree.
He was waiting at the corner for a bus,
I thought was a human I did trust.
When I drove up to the corner
he had disappeared,
The bus was still coming,
it still wasn’t near.
Another ghost comes to see if I’m o.k,
that’s what my friend did say.
No harm from the ghosts across the street,
they keep to themselves unless you
were in pain like me.
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Graveyard Ghost by Suzanna Chevalier )
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)