Guılt Is Not A Natural Condıtıon
We are told we won’t get punished
if we admit we lied,
How about we get rewarded
for being honest and I will explain why.
Why should we live in fear,
when alls we have to do is be sincere.
Why should we be shamed,
and worry if we will get blamed?
These conditions are not of our
natural human condition,
they were CONDITIONED on to us
so let’s change how we ride this CRAZY bus.
Let’s teach children it’s O.K. to express how
they feel, that their feelings are valid and real.
That they won't be shamed if they make a mistake,
they are just learning for heaven's sake.
Society and certain religions make us feel ashamed,
so they can control us at their game.
Well, let’s change this Planetary Dream,
stop judging, blaming, enforcing punishment
which is the extreme.
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Guılt Is Not A Natural Condıtıon by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Worst, Michael McParland
- The World, Michael McParland
- The Simpler the Better, Brandon J. Moore
- The Wind, Michael McParland
- The Way It Used To Be, Michael McParland
- The Truth, Michael McParland
- The Sweetness, Michael McParland
- The Sweetest Girl, Michael McParland
- The Storm, Michael McParland
- The Step, Michael McParland