Guard Your Heart
When times in life do get hard, our heart and mind we must guard,
For trials can and sometimes will, cause one’s heart to not be still,
Moved by what someone might say, we could lean the wrong way,
As the devil attempts to hinder us, from fully trusting Christ Jesus.
Satan does at times use another, Christian Sister and or a Brother,
With a thoughtless word or two, in his attempt to hurt me and you,
So we need to be ever on alert, as all Believers Satan tries to hurt,
To deter the very cause of Christ, in each and every Believer’s life.
The Word of God tells all of us, to guard our heart in Christ Jesus,
Paul’s admonition that we read, which as Believers, we must heed,
As thoughtless words will be said, we can be like our Lord instead,
In the very spirit of our Savior, responding with Christ like behavior.
Of Satan, we all must be aware, as he desires to see tempers flare,
Stirring our emotions deep within, Satan wants us to respond in sin,
And so we need to guard our hearts, against the enemy’s evil darts,
For even the purest heart can be, a target for God’s archest enemy.
Guarding our hearts is truly a must, while in God we place our trust.
Living a life, which truly pleases, God above, through Christ Jesus,
To truly live at peace with all men, when in Christ we are born again,
To be a witness to God’s Salvation, to every man and every nation.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guard Your Heart by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Saved, Michael P. McParland
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Villanelle: Wander not into a land where.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- He Has Always Been Inside Us, Merton Lee
- Rock Hard Passion, Michael P. McParland