Je'free Y .
If there is a role I would like to portray,
It would be a redeemer who will save you
From your mysterious unfairness of life.
I know where this overprotectiveness comes-
From my knowledge of danger and evil
And though this is like rebel meets rebel,
Or blind leading blind, we shall get by.
You are the manna dropped from heaven
With the purpose to nourish, to complete.
From you to me, there is overwhelming bliss.
From me to you, I shed my blood,
That you may savor it as well.
My heart has a much profound definition now
Of fatherhood, motherhood, brotherhood,
Sisterhood, friendship fused into a single entity.
When your mind returns to your past,
Let me distract you with a lullaby.
When trouble finds you,
Be certain that it will find me too.
When places and spaces run out of vacancy,
I can be the corner for your shelter.
When all goodness is forgotten,
Let me remind you that there remains
Much in this world, still so much more in you.
Je'free Y .'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guardian by Je'free Y . )
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi