Je'free Y .
If there is a role I would like to portray,
It would be a redeemer who will save you
From your mysterious unfairness of life.
I know where this overprotectiveness comes-
From my knowledge of danger and evil
And though this is like rebel meets rebel,
Or blind leading blind, we shall get by.
You are the manna dropped from heaven
With the purpose to nourish, to complete.
From you to me, there is overwhelming bliss.
From me to you, I shed my blood,
That you may savor it as well.
My heart has a much profound definition now
Of fatherhood, motherhood, brotherhood,
Sisterhood, friendship fused into a single entity.
When your mind returns to your past,
Let me distract you with a lullaby.
When trouble finds you,
Be certain that it will find me too.
When places and spaces run out of vacancy,
I can be the corner for your shelter.
When all goodness is forgotten,
Let me remind you that there remains
Much in this world, still so much more in you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guardian by Je'free Y . )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak