You make me feel guilty
when you come home moping through the door.
I can't help it I'm not suppling that extra income
to our household anymore.
I didn't mean to fall
and now, not be able to work!
I feel bad enough you know
without you acting like a jerk!
I give you what we can afford
and I don't eat much to survive.
If I cut back anymore on things
I'll be eating grass and flowers outside!
And how your acting when I come home
from shopping at the store.
Makes a person not want to go out
I can't stay home, seven and twenty-four!
I have applied for all kinds of jobs
but the market doesn't want someone, it seems my age.
All they want to give you for work consist of
greeting at Wal*Mart, or behind a glass enclosed cage!
I guess you'll just have to get over it
or get a second or third job!
And I think folks still get arrested dear
if they go to banks, with masks and guns and rob?
Then I see that banks are folding
but the Goverments bailing out their butts!
So they give the rich a helping hand
but they don't seem to care about poor us!
Maybe I'm making too much of this?
And just feeling a bit stressed?
So forgive me honey if all this Recession and me not working
has gotten you all depressed.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Guilty Feelings' by Linda Winchell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra