Halloween Approaches....[Short; Scary? ; Gross? ]
Halloween suddenly now approaches.
Let me eat some crawling roaches.
Let me kill some football coaches.
(And let me not forget the cute cheerleader.
To my pit bull I can feed her.)
Boys and girls will knock for candy.
I'll lock them in a cage that's handy,
and feed them, instead, some stew that's sandy,
made with rat tails and chicken legs
and wiggly worms and spider eggs.
I can't help my lustful craving for BLOOD,
which each October through my brain does flood,
like a scarlet explosion from a plump rose bud.
My knives are sharpened, my teeth are grating.
The porch light is on, my freezer's waiting.
I'll only harvest what I can handle,
luring them in using treats and a glowing candle.
They get their treats but then they are MINE!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Halloween Approaches....[Short; Scary? ; Gross? ] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- In Every Cell There Is A White Dove, mary douglas
- Child of the Supreme, gajanan mishra
- House Wanted: In A Dream, mary douglas
- Think of Me., Alyssa Rose
- Unquenchable, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everybody is selfish, hasmukh amathalal
- Rose Pink Flamingo Flurries Over Africa, mary douglas
- For The Moment, A Sanskrit Illumination, mary douglas
- This High Circus Life Has, mary douglas
- Perfect Christmas Stocking, mary douglas