Halloween Approaches....[Short; Scary? ; Gross? ]
Halloween suddenly now approaches.
Let me eat some crawling roaches.
Let me kill some football coaches.
(And let me not forget the cute cheerleader.
To my pit bull I can feed her.)
Boys and girls will knock for candy.
I'll lock them in a cage that's handy,
and feed them, instead, some stew that's sandy,
made with rat tails and chicken legs
and wiggly worms and spider eggs.
I can't help my lustful craving for BLOOD,
which each October through my brain does flood,
like a scarlet explosion from a plump rose bud.
My knives are sharpened, my teeth are grating.
The porch light is on, my freezer's waiting.
I'll only harvest what I can handle,
luring them in using treats and a glowing candle.
They get their treats but then they are MINE!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Halloween Approaches....[Short; Scary? ; Gross? ] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH