Poet of the River
Hands of time (thought)
The candle lit, the fire ablaze.
on the table i sit, counting the days.
as time expands, and days grow colder,
the chill of hands, as the bones grow older.
the simple desire, to warm to your fill.
the warmth of the fire, to bite back the chill.
smile and savor, the warming chance.
hands waver, as the flames dance.
and winter becomes spring again.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hands of time (thought) by Poet of the River )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- Two Green Tomatoes Smashed In The Street, Mandolyn ...