With an attitude,
Sweet and kind.
A caring heart,
And beautiful eyes
The perfect smile,
That's sure to blind.
With a secret,
She never told.
Home is where,
No one cared,
This is where,
She is always scared.
With a father,
Mean as Hell.
With a hit,
And a slap,
He made her promise,
She would never tell.
With the pain of a beating,
She's too small to take.
On the floor she lies,
Still and quiet.
Her father waits,
For her to wake..
With a stone,
Marked with a horrid date.
A little girl,
Who loved the world.
But help came for her,
Just a little too late..
Jessica Beal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hanna-Rose by Jessica Beal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- My Hometown, Ray Hansell
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.