Happier Than Our Fathers
quantity multiplies chances
and concomitant fun.
how many billions of us are there?
Of the billions below,
above and ahead,
we sort of always know
the billions below and above
but the billions ahead
are billions we'll never know.
We're sad for us
for those we'll never know,
but never as sad as our fathers
with fewer than us to mourn
whom they'd never know.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happier Than Our Fathers by douglas scotney )
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey