Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
Happiness perhaps once had features
Of a single, compact whole,
But countless are the craving creatures
Praying God some bliss to dole.
He therefore must have sadly shattered
Happiness into many a bit
And had the pieces widely scattered
To give all eyes a glimpse of it.
So, those who wish to own a share
Should not think it strain or stress
To search around, with utmost care,
Some dazzling fragments to possess.
A particle here, a particle there,
To your happy lot may fall;
Not any time, not anywhere,
can you ever find them all.
However long, however far-
Spreading your quest may be,
Too many are, too tiny are
The splinters all for you to see.
In common can you best enjoy
Whatever happiness comes your way.
With others if you share your joy,
It well may stage a longer stay.
Give your neighbour just a half
And see your pleasure growig double:
Make your neighbour smile or laugh;
You yourself with glee will bubble.
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 154. The Path Of Life, John Westlake
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Language, Our Friend, Sandra Feldman
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI