I shared a moment with the night,
Your far presence as my guide.
I sang a song all by myself,
With your words to keep me up.
When I asked you about love,
Warmth Trust & Happiness you replied.
When I asked you about dreams,
Your answers caused smiles and awww’s.
In all darkness of the night,
Between the cold air & the warm thought.
When many day creatures are in dreamland,
When honey is in high demand.
Love is the hope for the morning light,
Warmth of the rays at first sight,
Smiles of the ones you love,
Touch from those you desire most,
Sweet kisses goodnight for million nights,
Complete trust, when you hold her hand.
When you asked about love.
U unchained the river from above.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness by David Pyrs )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Snow, Walter de la Mare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)