I shared a moment with the night,
Your far presence as my guide.
I sang a song all by myself,
With your words to keep me up.
When I asked you about love,
Warmth Trust & Happiness you replied.
When I asked you about dreams,
Your answers caused smiles and awww’s.
In all darkness of the night,
Between the cold air & the warm thought.
When many day creatures are in dreamland,
When honey is in high demand.
Love is the hope for the morning light,
Warmth of the rays at first sight,
Smiles of the ones you love,
Touch from those you desire most,
Sweet kisses goodnight for million nights,
Complete trust, when you hold her hand.
When you asked about love.
U unchained the river from above.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness by David Pyrs )
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)