Patrick Njama Maina
Happiness is that feeling of utter bliss,
The dizzying pleasure of a stolen kiss,
The cheeky wink of a naughty tease,
That will never leave You ill at ease.
Happiness is a roaring wind,
Pulsing and soaring with force and greed,
Devouring and tearing it all to feed,
An insatiable appetite to grow and breed.
Happiness is like that beautiful dream,
On a cloud floating to a glorious realm,
Massaged by the wind and caressed by steam,
Enchanting like the glow of a moonlight beam.
Happiness is that bubbly and wonderful feeling,
Of passion that leaves us wobbly and reeling,
The inexplicable joy that brings cures and healing,
To a heart so hurt that it's crawling and bleeding.
Happiness is a choice,
To press on despite the falling ice,
And season your life with some warmth and spice,
To value your heart above any price.
© Patolyer 2013.
Patrick Njama Maina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HAPPINESS by Patrick Njama Maina )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)