Patrick Njama Maina
Happiness is that feeling of utter bliss,
The dizzying pleasure of a stolen kiss,
The cheeky wink of a naughty tease,
That will never leave You ill at ease.
Happiness is a roaring wind,
Pulsing and soaring with force and greed,
Devouring and tearing it all to feed,
An insatiable appetite to grow and breed.
Happiness is like that beautiful dream,
On a cloud floating to a glorious realm,
Massaged by the wind and caressed by steam,
Enchanting like the glow of a moonlight beam.
Happiness is that bubbly and wonderful feeling,
Of passion that leaves us wobbly and reeling,
The inexplicable joy that brings cures and healing,
To a heart so hurt that it's crawling and bleeding.
Happiness is a choice,
To press on despite the falling ice,
And season your life with some warmth and spice,
To value your heart above any price.
© Patolyer 2013.
Patrick Njama Maina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HAPPINESS by Patrick Njama Maina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yes, I am a man, gajanan mishra
- Journey, Evageline Echo
- I Call Myself A Good Man, But I Am Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- She needs you to buy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Thinking the four as young, known and ac.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love Is What You Need, B.. Alexander