I bought you an acer for your birthday
Beautiful claret coloured leaves
But I will keep it in my garden
And hope you will come to visit
I had to justify spending the money..£50!
What had I done to deserve it?
And then I remembered.. your 70th birthday
The perfect excuse!
The money doesn't count if I spent it on you
I have repotted two others and hope I have not killed them
You would be impressed, I think
Even though you have so many
I think you would appreciate your new one
A change at least from raspberry ruffles
Your usual birthday gift!
But always a poem in your birthday card
More special than gifts you always said
But this year just an acer
That I will keep in my garden
And hope you will come and visit.
judith evans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday by judith evans )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL