Dr John Celes
Happy Easter 2012
The tomb of stone's empty!
Christ Jesus has risen,
On day three after death,
Just as He had foretold!
His death on cross was sad;
Even the sun didn't shine;
And earth shuddered awhile,
As corpses came alive!
Jesus was Truth and Light;
The dark tomb couldn't contain
Christ who's Light of the world;
Death could never prevail.
The Good Shepherd, He bore
Our every cross and sin;
The spotless lamb got slain
To save man from ruin!
What obeisance, Christ showed!
His Father was so pleased;
His heart was always moved
By love, His son had proved.
Good that Jesus rose then;
Our faith has stood the test;
Like Christ, we all can rise;
If sinless, reach heaven!
Jesus had crushed satan;
The body dies but then
Resurrection is true,
As soul and body meet.
By Christmas, Christ was born;
Through Easter, Christ died, rose;
In glory, He will come
As God and King and judge!
Easter gives man new hope;
The righteous can see God;
Jesus has paid the price
For every sin of man!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 8-04-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Easter 2012 by Dr John Celes )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- The song of a bird - a translation of a .., Ravikumar C.P.
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry