Dr John Celes
Happy Friendship Day!
A friend is a person
You bump into one day,
In a strange way
Like a Fay!
Making you gay,
Listening to all that
You got to say!
A friend is one
Amongst a few,
Who cares for you,
Telling you what to do;
At times, cautioning too!
A friend is a soul
With an important role,
Helping you attain your goal,
Making your life whole!
A friend is a rare find
Who enters your mind
In a way pre-destined;
A friend adds
meaning to your life;
Helping you in your strife;
Your husband or wife!
A friend is for ever
Intimate and never
A friend is a bond of love
That shouldn’t sever,
But remain strong forever!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 8-3-2006
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Friendship Day! by Dr John Celes )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Television, Roald Dahl
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)