Happy Mother’s Day Mother
Mommy, Manman, today
You will be prettier than any other day.
You will be more beautiful than the rainbow in heaven.
You will be wearing a crown decorated with gold and satin.
Mommy, Mama, you will be sparkling like diamond.
I will hum many happy songs for you, I will send
You exotic flowers, I will buy lottery tickets for you,
(Mom, you know how I hate doing that) , and I will do
Anything to please you, so you can smile.
I will listen to your stories, even the ones that are like a wile.
I will answer all of your questions without grimacing.
(Mom, you know how you can be inquisitive) . I will sing
Like a lucky baby, because you are my mother,
My confidante, my rock, my backup and my nurturer.
Mommy Darling, today
Is extraordinary, a very special day.
I am beside myself; I am walking on cloud nine;
So, as we go forward, you will always be fine.
Stay away from the kitchen today.
For the entire month of May,
You do not have to cook,
Just read your favorite book.
When you are tired with one activity,
Please move on to another happy
One, or do whatever you want.
Mom, for the rest of your life, I want you to be peachy;
Comfortable; at ease; and very pleasant.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Mother’s Day Mother by Hebert Logerie )
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)