A date has been set,
I said 'Yes', though I do not remember how!
He kissed me softly, my eyes were wet,
Perhaps finally I can be happy now.
The ring is on my finger,
And the veil cover's my brow;
As I march, my eyes on him linger,
And I am happy now.
My beloved he loves me well,
When first he breathed his vows;
I felt my bosom swell,
And I am truely happy now!
Thus as it is, he return's to his ships,
I wait for his return as the days count down,
Although his love I do sorely miss...
I assure you I am happy now.
As time wears on, his memory fades,
His love for me has changed somehow;
Although my love for him is still the same,
I wonder...Are we happy now?
More 'oft than not, hurtful words are spoken,
after swearing 'for better or for worse' he did vow!
And though my heart be broken,
Behold! The golden tolken,
That *PROVES* I'm happy now!
My tears have been my food night and day,
sleep is the only solitude I've found,
My friend's I've pushed away,
Truely I am not happy now...
Tell me please what must I do?
I know I must be rid of this, but how?
Will someone be there to pull me though?
Can I find a way to be happy now?
My situation will not defeat me!
With God's help I will turn this around!
I will prove to him how much he love's and needs me,
Then I can finally be happy now!
Nikia Chesney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Now by Nikia Chesney )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)