Dr John Celes
‘Happy Valentine’s Day! ’
The day has come at last this year!
Express your love to ones who’re dear,
And those who in your heart are near,
Be it your spouse, child, friend or peer.
God made this day to share your love
With those you think deserve it well;
The love we get from heav’n above
Are better than all words can tell.
So, greet the ones who need kindness;
Send kisses, hugs to kith and kin;
Let heart turn fountain of goodness;
Let’s spread love, cheer and more souls win!
The world today needs love and peace;
All wars and rivalry must cease;
Let hatred vanish as disease;
Let every person live with ease.
Love came to earth as God’s own Son;
To love God back is work undone;
Our neighbour, we must love by ton;
Expressing love is ideal fun!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Valentine’s Day! ’ by Dr John Celes )
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning, spiritual seeker
- Roses, Hanh Chau
- The Horse Race., Harold R Hunt Sr
- That's Why I'm Afraid, Neela Nath
- Ex's, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)