Dr John Celes
‘Happy Valentine’s Day! ’
The day has come at last this year!
Express your love to ones who’re dear,
And those who in your heart are near,
Be it your spouse, child, friend or peer.
God made this day to share your love
With those you think deserve it well;
The love we get from heav’n above
Are better than all words can tell.
So, greet the ones who need kindness;
Send kisses, hugs to kith and kin;
Let heart turn fountain of goodness;
Let’s spread love, cheer and more souls win!
The world today needs love and peace;
All wars and rivalry must cease;
Let hatred vanish as disease;
Let every person live with ease.
Love came to earth as God’s own Son;
To love God back is work undone;
Our neighbour, we must love by ton;
Expressing love is ideal fun!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Valentine’s Day! ’ by Dr John Celes )
Did you read them?
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alien Encounter, Robert Eckstein
- >>Bad Fruits, Abdul Wahab
- When You Need To Begin Again, Shalom Freedman
- >>Lips, Abdul Wahab
- Acknowledged Love, Sierra Staten
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)