Quantez L. Spears
Happy with Yourself
We're humans, sometimes we strive for something better,
A males objective can thrown off when she wears a tight sweater.
Females see a guy they like, and will turn on each other.
Boys want to be the boyfriend but is seen as the brother.
She's intelligent, funny, and has skills in the kitchen,
But acts dumb and paint her face just to gain his attention.
He's her 'bestie' and hears her complain how she's always alone,
Afraid to express how he feels, he unknowingly gets in the friend zone.
One thing people fail to realize, it's not good to be someone else
And that you'll be happier with people and life if you just be yourself.
Quantez L. Spears's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy with Yourself by Quantez L. Spears )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar