Quantez L. Spears
Happy with Yourself
We're humans, sometimes we strive for something better,
A males objective can thrown off when she wears a tight sweater.
Females see a guy they like, and will turn on each other.
Boys want to be the boyfriend but is seen as the brother.
She's intelligent, funny, and has skills in the kitchen,
But acts dumb and paint her face just to gain his attention.
He's her 'bestie' and hears her complain how she's always alone,
Afraid to express how he feels, he unknowingly gets in the friend zone.
One thing people fail to realize, it's not good to be someone else
And that you'll be happier with people and life if you just be yourself.
Quantez L. Spears's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy with Yourself by Quantez L. Spears )
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Hare And His Wife, Tony Adah
- Pussy So Good, Joseph Rodriguez
- Novel Approaches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Are Too Beautiful For Me, Mark Webster
- Living Through Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are my qualifier, Ruby Frankel
- I know a new freedom, Ruby Frankel
- The Fog Lifted, Ruby Frankel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)