Hard Work Pays!
Hard work pays..
Isn't it true?
You want evidence..
I'll give you two.
I, m a Parliamentarian,
Parliamentarian of the biggest Democracy,
One and one of its only kind.
To be one was not a meager beat,
I had to perform some astonishing feats.
The lord, the lady, the peddler, the beggar
None did i skip
A toil of two score,
I knew would give me a score.
Yes! Hard Work Pays!
I work hard to shirk,
Killing, smothering and suffocating
Are arts i'm dexterous at,
Coz i, am the member of Parliament!
I work hard,
And Hard Work Pays.
Twelve years have passed..
What so, if i'am behind bars,
My days will never seize to be a past.
The floor will forever proclaim.
I will have my claim.
The all important vote to cast
Or else, the Government will be sacked
One crore..two crore,
Not crores... it's millions...! !
What so, if i'm behind bars,
I'am the richest Parliamentarian
The richest Parliamentarian!
Of the Biggest Democracy! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hard Work Pays! by sujata kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Hope, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu
- The Autumn Divine, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Binding, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Free From Sin, Juliana Oludeyi
- Ancient mythologies and Verses Holy, Md. Asadullah
- The Phoenix, Maharishi Deja Vu