Lawrence S. Pertillar
Harvesting of Weeds
Why wait and sit,
Has it been deposited,
Familiar with it?
An absence of respect,
Has long been accepted.
And when neglect of it is shown...
A fertilized seeding unknown,
Left to grow alone...
In minds unaware of its existence,
Why wait for a flourishing to occur?
When none of it was sewn.
An organic matter has been scattered.
And a firm planting of this,
Was never homegrown!
A protection of these flowers were left...
To set aside wrapped and unpackaged,
For a harvesting of weeds.
A priority of the majority has succeeded.
Feeding to produce seducing delusions!
To heighten imaginations that cropped.
And gathered, stocked and baled like hay.
Or other enhanced enchantments.
And quick to burn nonstop.
Allowing a smoking to choke,
Hallucinating induced dreams wished.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Harvesting of Weeds by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz