Has My Heart Gone To Sleep?
Has my heart gone to sleep?
Have the beehives of my dreams
stopped working, the waterwheel
of the mind run dry,
scoops turning empty,
only shadow inside?
No, my heart is not asleep.
It is awake, wide awake.
Not asleep, not dreaming—
its eyes are opened wide
watching distant signals, listening
on the rim of vast silence.
Antonio Machado's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Has My Heart Gone To Sleep? by Antonio Machado )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- the jar has more than wasps, Mandolyn Davidson
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Fifteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Hope, Olugbuyi Stephen Gbolly
- I trace you on the coffee table, Mandolyn Davidson
- On Line Poet's Friendship, Om Chawla
- गोरबोनि सानस्रि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Symphony Of The Sea, Saiom Shriver