Lawrence S. Pertillar
Have It Near You To Visit
'And do what with it?
What is it? '
It is a piece of truth.
Someone gave a piece to me,
A long time ago.
And now I have plenty of it.
Growing in my front AND backyard.
Having it around,
Has also restored my inner peace.
It's incredible what truth can do.
And have it near you to visit as much as you like.
'Are you kidding?
And have my neighbors seeing me do that?
To attract that kind of attention to myself?
You take it back.
I've got enough on my mind as it is.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Have It Near You To Visit by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight When I Sleep, Randy McClave
- Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom From A Dreary Forest, Monk E. Biz
- I, Me, Mine, Manisha parmar
- My Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Cavern, Morgan Michaels
- Lumber Jack Dupree, Denis Bourgeau
- this is for you...or whatever, Mandolyn ...
- O Seductress Of Mine, Folayemi Akande