He said the air was better in Paris.
In Paris we could breathe
Like we never could
Here in the little home I had built.
I left with him
For the better air
And wine and cheese and cafes and Paris
And because I too wanted to breathe.
Yesterday he left
For Spain and Spanish things
And the little Flamenco dancer
From the Café...
Outside my window
The rain pounds mercilessly on the roses he planted for me...
Such lovely things,
So sad to see them die.
Vaun Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He Said... by Vaun Moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Nicely salty..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Born Country, Maverick Jones
- Jhoom Jhoom Aa Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- NO MORE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Dil Mera Wo Le Gaya, Upendra Singh
- Foolish Pride, Barry Jablonski
- SUPERMOONS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Behind mount sinai | Write Out Loud, oskar hansen
- Internet, Margaret Moran
- POLAR VORTEX, MOHAMMAD SKATI