All that I need is a willing heart, and The Lord will do all the rest,
Heeding His Word at the start, He will help me through any test.
My faith in The Lord is my part, as He helps me to do my best,
As God’s Spirit does not depart, giving me His peace and rest.
Dear friend, when I begin my day, after a long and restful night,
Heeding all His Word does say, it is for me God’s guiding Light,
Should darkness fall on the way, in His Spirit He gives me sight,
Guiding these fragile feet of clay; on a path with Him that’s right.
The Lord guides me with His Hand, as I journey through this life,
Helping me take a stable stand, to be strong in Him during strife,
Strife we can face in any land, where man’s darkness can be rife,
At that time I again understand, I get all peace from Jesus Christ.
In a world of so many voices, I simply choose to follow but one,
Helping me with all my choices; that voice is God’s Eternal Son,
In a land which seldom rejoices, we have joy that is not from fun,
It’s all about eternal choices, through His joy, that has just begun.
And, this all began in my heart, which The Lord has truly blessed,
When I was put on the Narrow Way, guided by The Savior’s Light,
And securely now in God’s Hand, placed in there by Jesus Christ,
In God’s Family, which rejoices, since we know, The Father’s Son.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heart Choices by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Love grants, hasmukh amathalal
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Hypnosis, Naveed Khalid
- Dancing with Santa, Kirti Gupta
- Welcome to Heaven, Tayyab Ijaz
- Shakespeherian Rag, Naveed Khalid
- God with Us, Paul Sebastian
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid