Danny The Dreamer Boyd
Heavy On Hearts
'I see the parting tonight in our eyes,
Right before our way long due goodbyes.'
'This is not the end, we'll still be friends,
And I want you to know, it's not you; it's me.'
'If you could give me a second chance to make amends;
I promise I'll be a better man in no time, you'll see! '
'I really truly love you, but it just won't work,
Yet I shall never forget the magical moments we shared.'
'What about love at first sight, and that eternal spark?
What about your previous promises that to break you dared? '
'I knew I glimpsed something weird in your eyes:
That kindled the feeling that it's time for our goodbyes.'
'It aches that I've got to do this now,
And will even kill me when you're gone.'
'Then why not make it last somehow,
And pretend a kiss' a heartbreak undone? '
'I've given this a lot of thought,
And I'm afraid, it's already too late.'
And he was the one who dearly fought
For a lost cause, or a sealed fate!
'I felt a certain misdeed burning in your eyes,
When I walked in tonight thinking not of goodbyes.'
'We had a lot of fun, but this is going nowhere;
The guilt is just eating me up from the inside.'
And in that very moment his heart was all despair:
Knowing, alas, that love can't guilt abide!
'We had a good run, but this is where I get off.'
Smiling, 'Alright, just take good care.
I never had or will, never ever, have enough
Of you, that's why I'll always be there.'
'I know I'm the reason behind the tears in our eyes,
But tonight's the time to say such long due goodbyes.'
And every now and then she'd try and call;
Taking him for granted, that he's nowhere to be.
It's nice knowing you'll always be caught when you fall;
But I wouldn't forever count on such certainty!
He saw that very night the parting in their eyes,
And that hideous sight was heavy on his heart;
But despite knowing that it was time for their goodbyes,
He tried his best to stop one soul to be torn apart!
'I saw our world collapse that night in her eyes;
That's why I tried, and failed, to prolong our goodbyes! '
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heavy On Hearts by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Self-Portrait At 28, David Berman
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- they captured this poem, and i went look.., Mandolyn ...
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi
- Wrongdoing, Leong Ming Loong
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Many Buffalomen & The Bullock-cartmen To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raucous, Emmanuel George Cefai