HELEN OF MY LIFE
As beautiful as Helen of Sparta
So you are beautiful to me,
You who make my heart glow with love;
Now I say, you are the Helen of my life.
You are the Helen of Sparta stolen to Troy
For virtue and constancy of your beauty.
You are as beautiful as goddess Aphrodite,
Goddess Athena and goddess Hera.
O' Helen of Sparta, who became Helen of Troy?
And now Helen of my life you are.
I shall hide you away from the eyes of the world,
For your beauty is too fair to cast a glance upon.
O' Helen, your matchless beauty is divine;
Truly you're the most beautiful of all prizes.
LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HELEN OF MY LIFE by LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper
- Five Liner- Another Dawn, Valsa George