My Viking 1
My Viking beauty in full sail,
Most sacrosanct of beauties;
The moon and stars in their splendor,
Even the sun in all its glamour paled
In comparison to my Viking beauty…most cruel of beauties;
Even though I were taken to Lethe
My Viking beauty I will not forget,
She is God own glorious architecture.
There's a hole in heaven and angels,
Looking down on her wishing they were sinners.
O tiger's heart wrapped in a woman's hides!
Who wouldn't have fallen for you, Viking beauty?
Take me in your arms ere I wake
To find you're gone and my heart breaks again.
It's too short a day to be without love.
Oh! My Viking beauty, I give you some of mine
If you have had none to give.
LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Viking 1 by LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.