My Viking 1
My Viking beauty in full sail,
Most sacrosanct of beauties;
The moon and stars in their splendor,
Even the sun in all its glamour paled
In comparison to my Viking beauty…most cruel of beauties;
Even though I were taken to Lethe
My Viking beauty I will not forget,
She is God own glorious architecture.
There's a hole in heaven and angels,
Looking down on her wishing they were sinners.
O tiger's heart wrapped in a woman's hides!
Who wouldn't have fallen for you, Viking beauty?
Take me in your arms ere I wake
To find you're gone and my heart breaks again.
It's too short a day to be without love.
Oh! My Viking beauty, I give you some of mine
If you have had none to give.
LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Viking 1 by LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)