My Viking 1
My Viking beauty in full sail,
Most sacrosanct of beauties;
The moon and stars in their splendor,
Even the sun in all its glamour paled
In comparison to my Viking beauty…most cruel of beauties;
Even though I were taken to Lethe
My Viking beauty I will not forget,
She is God own glorious architecture.
There's a hole in heaven and angels,
Looking down on her wishing they were sinners.
O tiger's heart wrapped in a woman's hides!
Who wouldn't have fallen for you, Viking beauty?
Take me in your arms ere I wake
To find you're gone and my heart breaks again.
It's too short a day to be without love.
Oh! My Viking beauty, I give you some of mine
If you have had none to give.
LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Viking 1 by LIGHTCHEERFUL BRIGGS )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(October 13th 1990)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1320 – 1392)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL