Hero or villian?
I decide you are my hero,
As I indulge in your flawlessly luscious stuff.
Your Shades crawl as the tingling flavors unite,
With, a fizzling burst of chocolate, like an angry volcano.
Effervescence as CO2 is released from your
Thick soft brunette mass- an exothermic reaction!
And then you dissolve into my mouth when I
Stuff you in, hungrily. Ah, your succulence!
Even as you flow down, your flavor lingers
In my smacking tongue, my salivating mouth. My hero!
But then- you cruelly invade my tummy,
Corroding its walls, with your treacherous treacle,
Betrayer! You nourish the evil parasites in me.
Appearances are only a facade, and so seems that
Fleeting flavor too, for now, only jiffies later, I can
Feel- not your saccharinity, but an excruciating ache
In my teeth; calling for an appointment at the dentist’s.
Now your definition evolves for, you’ve cost my time, diet
And sparkly teeth. Yet I always remain unsuspecting fly,
Repeatedly caught in your alluring, sticky web. Villain!
Keertana subramani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hero or villian? by Keertana subramani )
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
- Complaining Of His Want Of Friends, Edward Hake
- No Gold No Goodnesse, Edward Hake
- Priyo keu nei, Golam Rashid
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns