Hero or villian?
I decide you are my hero,
As I indulge in your flawlessly luscious stuff.
Your Shades crawl as the tingling flavors unite,
With, a fizzling burst of chocolate, like an angry volcano.
Effervescence as CO2 is released from your
Thick soft brunette mass- an exothermic reaction!
And then you dissolve into my mouth when I
Stuff you in, hungrily. Ah, your succulence!
Even as you flow down, your flavor lingers
In my smacking tongue, my salivating mouth. My hero!
But then- you cruelly invade my tummy,
Corroding its walls, with your treacherous treacle,
Betrayer! You nourish the evil parasites in me.
Appearances are only a facade, and so seems that
Fleeting flavor too, for now, only jiffies later, I can
Feel- not your saccharinity, but an excruciating ache
In my teeth; calling for an appointment at the dentist’s.
Now your definition evolves for, you’ve cost my time, diet
And sparkly teeth. Yet I always remain unsuspecting fly,
Repeatedly caught in your alluring, sticky web. Villain!
Keertana subramani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hero or villian? by Keertana subramani )
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Reflection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Marks Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)