Hero (Systematic Discussion)
I see you start
to be addressed so boldly.
do you wince at the title?
Perhaps it should be
or heroine for some...
But no, you prosecute
the term proper.
Are you not strong enough, then,
you who eats three meals a day
and sleeps beneath a solid roof?
And do not plead ignorance
(of the hungry
fills your mind like wine
and drunkens your senses with sorrow.
Or has it deadened them, hero,
clinging like nails
to an unwilling magnet?
For you speak softly, hero,
you dream uncolored visions,
and amid the involutary silence of others,
you seem to have taken a voluntary oath.
Aliya Deri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero (Systematic Discussion) by Aliya Deri )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Wings Of Life, Saravanan Writer
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid