Hero (Systematic Discussion)
I see you start
to be addressed so boldly.
do you wince at the title?
Perhaps it should be
or heroine for some...
But no, you prosecute
the term proper.
Are you not strong enough, then,
you who eats three meals a day
and sleeps beneath a solid roof?
And do not plead ignorance
(of the hungry
fills your mind like wine
and drunkens your senses with sorrow.
Or has it deadened them, hero,
clinging like nails
to an unwilling magnet?
For you speak softly, hero,
you dream uncolored visions,
and amid the involutary silence of others,
you seem to have taken a voluntary oath.
Aliya Deri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero (Systematic Discussion) by Aliya Deri )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)