Burried deep in my soul,
Deep secrets slowly unfold.
Memories of childhood,
Still haunt me in adulthood.
The look in her eye,
As my Mother stood by.
Blow after blow,
The tears would flow.
Was a bad little girl,
No longer my Mothers pearl.
No food tonight,
Cant seem to do anything right.
Slapped till I wake,
My face begins to ache.
That was only a warning,
Its just two in the morning.
A Mothers love for her daughter,
Isnt supposed to faulter.
What an incredible actor,
She was to be my protector.
The emotional pain,
Is hard to explain.
Scars deep in my heart,
Forever leaving its mark...
Invisible Poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden Pains by Invisible Poet )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns