A mystique smile
Along with your deep set eyes
Gazing blankly, mystery lies.
Crying yet unseen
Tears hidden as it has been
Covered with a smile in your lips
But not a smile in your eyes
For agony in your heart never slips away.
A mystery, love in slavery?
Fighting not to feel that way
Fighting to forget every memory
Memories that haunts you night and day.
Your hidden tears, let it flow
Don't ever hold it back
For tears and laughters are rich experiences
Warming our hearts, strenghtening our soul
You have to cry
Let the tears flow, it's not a weakness
When your heart can't hide the pain anymore
It heals the wound that laughters can't cure.
After the cries, after the tears,
A wonderful new day, thorny life it clears
Pain and heartaches vanish away
Happiness is prepared by God along the way.
Maia Padua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HIDDEN TEARS by Maia Padua )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay