Hide And Seek
In our childhood days, remember, we used
To play Hide And Seek? You hid yourself
Behind a bush, or in a ditch or on the branch
Of a tree, but I could always find you out.
Later when we grew up, you hid yourself
Quietly in my heart. When I cast my eyes
All around, you were nowhere to be found.
For my sight didn't reach inside my heart.
But just like a genie you used to pop up,
Whenever I closed my eyes, and be right
In front of me, asking why I couldn't see
The love you always so fondly held for me.
29 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hide And Seek by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL