charlotte marie peachey
his castle, her prison
Memorized by his charms,
He captured her heart and soul.
With a promise of lasting love,
He placed upon her head a crown.
Adoration gleaming in his eyes,
He introduced her to his friends.
Proclaiming her his Princess
Vowing always to be her Prince.
The crown placed upon her head
Became one forged of fear and pain
With the promise of more to come,
His Castle became her Prison.
Light turned to darkness,
Gloom would come to visit.
His charms turned to rage.
Her heart and soul prisoner.
Release sought from despair,
She turned within herself.
Seeking relief from her Hell.
By ending her suffering on earth.
charlotte marie peachey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (his castle, her prison by charlotte marie peachey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Looking Kyle In the Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones