His Face Falling
Maybe the face, maybe the face,
It subsides and loathes never itself,
Liking its licking contortions like a leaf,
Falling cheeks and falling branches.
Sudden air fills the room of a sanctuary,
God has blessed the deathly sleepers,
Fumed by the prospect of the Hereafter.
You desire HIs Face, but find a solution
To the puzzle that Satan has not accomplished.
Treasure awaits and looms beyond the shrunken path,
A straight path pierces the sight,
A straight road leads to adventure
So bright and divine that lights come forward.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Face Falling by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov
- The harp players, Mark Heathcote
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline