Celebration of the New Year,
In Scotland is called Hogmanay,
One custom to bring household cheer -
Get some river water and spray
All the stuff and people inside.
Then seal the house up snug and tight.
Juniper branches - keep them dried,
Enough to smoke when put alight.
When all are coughing and sneezing,
Then open all window and door,
For fresh New Year air that's pleasing
To enter the house and restore.
When this 'restoration' is done.
Some whiskey for everyone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hogmanay by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She needs you to buy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Thinking the four as young, known and ac.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love Is What You Need, B.. Alexander
- Come on, friends, gajanan mishra
- The Song Of The Open Door, Bulat Okudzhava
- Doctor Solar and the Solar Panel Gang, Charles Hice
- Wet touch, binod bastola
- Cutting Tea In Rainy Stall Of Lonavala!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Report Again, Margaret Alice Second
- ...as mine, Marites C. Cayetano