I am not blushing due to my home,
In this structure I do live.
This home is a scent and sense,
A link to the outside.
My blushing is of others, of rude strangers,
Who keep my home’s façade with dignity.
Home has a heavenly scent, suspense is in the ceiling,
The narrow corridors rely on spiders to clean the aura,
As cobwebs are so wonderful.
My faith is in the homes we build
For the rich and the poor,
The rich are in agony, and the poor savour
The air of the rooms they live in.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Homes by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA
- you are neither changed nor diminished, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda